Subject: Selecting stocks for the Wikinvest entires and the Stock Pitch Competition
Dear FI414 students,
Described below is the procedure on how you will submit stock selections for the Wikinvest entries and the Stock Pitch Competition.
Send emails to: FI414.HUANG@gmail.com
Submissions of stock selections will be accepted in four waves.
- Wave 1 (starting 01/31/2011, 5.00pm): Team Wiki entry #1
- Wave 2 (starting 02/07/2011, 5.00pm): Stock selection for the Competition
- Wave 3 (starting 02/14/2011, 5.00pm): Team Wiki entry #2
- Wave 4 (starting 03/14/2011, 5.00pm): Student individual Wiki entry
- Pay attention to the starting times. Early submissions are deemed invalid.
- Check the course website for requirements on Wikinvest and the Stock Pitch Competition.
- Read them. You can't win a game without knowing the rules.
- The starting of one Wave is not the deadline for the previous Wave.
- That is, if you haven't sent in your team's stock selection for Wikinvest entry #1 by 2/07/2011 (the starting time for Wave 2), it won't be a problem.
- So long as you can finish your project by 03/04/2011 (the deadline for Team Wiki entries #1).
- The starting of a new Wave simply means that your chance of securing your ideal choice stocks will get smaller
- As a new wave of stock selections start to flood in.
- Here is an incomplete list (Excel file) of U.S. stocks the Wikinvest entries of which remain empty as of 02/04/2011.
- I will not update the list in the future. Always double check the Wikinvest website for a stock's eligibility.
- You don't necessarily need to choose from the list.
- A team is allowed, but doesn't need, to pitch the same stock for which the team is writing a Wikinvest entry.
- However, a team is not allowed to pitch a stock that has been chosen by other teams or FI414 students for their Wikinvest entries.
- On the course website, I will provide updates on what stocks have been chosen by teams and students.
- Before send in your selection, check this page first to see whether someone else has taken your desired stock.
Let me know if you have any questions.
- 03/04/2011 (i.e. before Spring Break):
- Completion of Team Wikinvest entry #1
- 04/27/2011 (i.e., last class):
- Completion of Individual Wikinvest entry as well as Team Wikinvest entry #2
- Final version of team Research Report (part of the requirement for the Stock Pitch Competition).
- Stock Pitch Competition will be hold on three days:
- 3/21/2011 (Team 1, 2, 3)
- 3/23/2011 (Team 4, 5, 6, 7)
- 3/28/2011 (Team 8, 9, 10).
Professor Rocco Huang