- An equal-weighted portfolio of 30 positions is created, based on 30 student groups' collective wisdom. 3/28/2011 is the inception date.
- For the Stock Pitch assignment, each student group chooses one stock from the Stock Pool and argues a bear scenario against investing in it.
- We will closely monitor the portfolio's performance over the next month, and we may even check back 1 year from now to see how the stocks have been doing.
- If the bears indeed have the upper hand, we should expect to see that portfolio under-performs the S&P 500 index. Otherwise the bulls have the upper hand
- A caveat: In the short term, the stock market is a voting machine, and stock price fluctuations may not fully reflect the underlying business fundamentals.